A large bank, operating in more than 100 countries with 235,000-plus workers wanted an on-premise solution with enterprise requirements such as SSO, alerting, API support, as well as integration with AppDynamics. With more than 1,500 business-critical applications, the bank required a solution that could monitor all these applications from multiple continents, including the United States, Europe, and Asia. Additionally, the large bank needed a security solution that could integrate with their password vault for internal logins.
The Apica Service-level Assurance platform stood above the competition by meeting all the bank’s criteria. The first deal consisted of 6,000 checks covering 1,500 apps measured from different locations from within the bank (US, Asia, Europe). The bank’s international offices installed Apica agents inside their data centers. The solution also measures the off-time and performance of internal employee-facing apps, including legacy applications and password-protected applications.
- Monitor all types of applications (API calls, Thick client and legacy applications)
- Highly scalable and secure
- Advanced scripting capabilities
- Plug and play integrations with APM and ITSM tools
- Migrate from HP SiteScope
- Internal password authentication for highly secure applications
- Building agents within on-premise data center
- Monitor 1,500 business critical applications
By using the Apica Service-level Assurance platform, the bank reduced its internal monitoring management hours and lower its overall costs. The bank was very pleased with the flexibility of Apica’s “always-on-screen” dashboard because of its real-time reporting and ability to identify issues before they cause downtime. After, their first year of tests, they purchased an additional 6,000 checks to meet the demands of their growing infrastructure.