Wrapping Your Arms Around UEM And DT
Digital Transformation (DT) revolves around optimizing business or organizational effectiveness using digital investments and IT services.
A large majority of IT respondents say DT is a necessary exercise for securing the competitive differentiation that is essential to the future of the business. It is interesting to note that although the DT message is generally important to all, it appears to be particularly critical for enterprise-sized companies. In terms of operational objectives supporting DT, faster delivery of new services and improvements to quality service are the top organizational goals. In other words, the real value behind DT is the ability to accelerate the process of transforming ideas into full-blown organizational processes.
Obviously, DT is a key organizational initiative and technology and is the core foundation for such initiatives. However, the quality of services delivered is also at the top of the chart and DT is not without its pitfalls. IT organizations admit that “incorporating new technologies” into their production environments is their #1 overall challenge.
UEM toolsets are at the top of the list in terms of facilitating digital objectives. In fact, improved User/Customer experience is the top “functional” Digital Transformation priority in 2016. These types of tools provide a foundation that enables companies to accelerate rates of production change while mitigating the risks. Obviously, simply harnessing technology to roll out innovative products and services is no longer enough – those services must also be delivered at levels of quality that meet the needs of users and business stakeholders.
UEM solutions such as Apica Synthetic Monitoring offer ‘before and after’ testing production changes, which enables companies to maximize acceleration of software delivery while still ensuring that new software is delivered with quality.
Key advantages found in Apica Synthetic Monitoring are:
1. 24 x 7 monitoring of web and/or non-web transactions at specified intervals with no requirement for “live” users on the system.
2. Providing one of the few ways available to test the full execution chain, including WAN, Cloud, and Internet performance for Hybrid or On-prem installations
3. Global coverage from Apica World Wide Agent network
4. Multi-purpose testing for performance and/or availability, including both inside and outside the firewall leveraging internal or external agents
5. Advanced scripting capabilities including API , Authentication, WebSockets, Mobile, Selenium, Real Browser, IoT applications and Mainframe / Citrix
6. Combined Ops and Dev by using the same scripts s for monitoring as for load testing and pre-production environments as well as production
7. Extentsive integrations with all leading APM provides and AWS / Azure / Akamai/ infrastructure components provide real visabilly and root cause anlaze.
8. Open API for data access and DevOps integration