Apica is a market leader in Load Testing and Web Performance Monitoring with an international presence and large domestic, European, and US customers. We work in a high-paced agile development environment with a quick response to changing needs, and we are excellent at it. Our product evolution is rapid, and you will be involved in all activities throughout the entire SDLC from architecture/design to final delivery and maintenance.
Apica Systems is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Java to join the development team in Sweden. The role is Hybrid Remote and time in the office is very flexible.
About our Tech Stack:
- Java 11 (Maven), Java Spring Boot
- PostgreSQL, MS SQL, MongoDB
- All Hyper-Cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Git, GitHub, GitHub Actions, Docker
- Apache Kafka
- And more!
What you will be doing day-to-day:
- Write beautiful, efficient, fully tested, high-quality code through TDD
- Work as part of an amazing, high-performance cross-functional team
- Review code and help others write better code, pair programming
- Share knowledge, explore and solve problems, scope work
- Contribute to all stages of the software life cycle: design, planning, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Push the boundaries of technology
As a Senior Software Engineer, you are expected to:
- Have strong analytical skills and be able to apply software design principles in problem-solving, while always having non-functional requirements in mind (security, readability, etc.)
- Work on REST service design, service-oriented architecture, and similar concepts
- Always look for improvements in the development process and actively engage in our improvement efforts
- Mentor and guide other developers, enforce code quality through best practices and coding standards
Who you are:
- Proficient in Java-based web service and website development (5+ years)
- Proficient in the Spring ecosystem of frameworks and APIs (Core, Boot, Data, REST)
- Have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
- Experienced in working with Agile methodologies and practices
- Experienced in working with PostgreSQL/MS SQL and MongoDB
- Experienced in working with MQ brokers such as AWS SQS, ActiveMQ or Kafka
- Experienced and knowledgeable of AWS and services such as S3, EC2, etc.
- Excellent at communicating in English